Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
September 1, 2010
Press / Business contact:
+27 (0) 83 700 9787
Punk game devs. Retro-futuristic game design and aesthetics. The essence of the old with the technique of the new.
Originally called retroFuture in 2011; Punk Arcade emerged from the collaboration of Michael de Jager and Julian Pritchard to further work on Michael's game known then as zX: Hyperblast.After that
Originally working as just a two man team in a style similar of author (Michael) and editor (Julian) the team expanded out to encompass more people and various roles.
Phase Edge Demo Trailer YouTube
Logo Splash YouTube
There are far more images available for Punk Arcade, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Punk Arcade. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Showcase A MAZE 2013" - Berlin, 24 April, 2013
- "MGSA home.Coded rAge 2014" - Johannesburg, October 2014
- "Showcase A MAZE Johannesburg 2015" - Johannesburg, September 2015
- "It’s a tough little game, but my word, is it ever fun, and so very well presented."
- Chris Priestman, IndieStatik
- "I feel that the game's focus on melee combat differentiates it from many shmups - you really need to master the blade attacks to get anywhere in zX. This feature and the combination of awesome soundtrack and glowy neon visuals totally won me over."
- J. Monkman, Retro Gamer CD
- "This is an intense and satisfying game which should fulfill your need for an arcade shooter."
- John P. Martin, Indie Retro News
- "retroFuture's zX is not like most shmups. Instead of encouraging passive play or requiring the player to dodge a ton of bullets, players should dive straight into the line of fire to reflect enemy shots and power up their hyper gun."
- John Polson, Indiegames.com
Punk Arcade Homepage
Back to the homepage with you http://punk-arcade.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Dev, Design, Biz
Michael de Jager
Design, Art, Audio